Personal Identification Information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the website, place an order, fill out a form to contact us or send a chat request, respond to a survey, enter a giveaway, sign up for a newsletter and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site.
Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously.
We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
What information do we collect?
- When ordering, we may ask User for their names, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information.
- Partial Purchases: If a User has started to buy one of our products, but have not completed the purchase, they may have provided partial information, such as their email. In that case, we might send an email to remind them about their interest. If you they not comfortable in receiving further emails of this kind, we will give them a simple opportunity to opt-out. User privacy means a lot to us and we will stop sending these communications right away.
- Reviews: If Users have completed a purchase, we will send them an email to ask them to review the product/s/ they bought. We want to be sure that whether they love their purchase or have a complaint, they can share their opinion with other customers by submitting their review with their email that is invisible to the public and a nickname or their real name.
- We also collect information about gift certificate recipients so that we can fulfill the purchase. The information we collect about gift certificate recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from Users when they register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize Users' site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which they are most interested.
- To allow us to better service Users in responding to your customer service requests.
- To process Users' transactions.
- To ship User's order with our affiliated shipping provider (Canada Post).
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To receive transactional emails related to Users' orders and review request emails that we send after purchase.
- If Users have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send periodic e-mails. If Users would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, they may need to refer to the "How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?" section below. If Users have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, they will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and 'members-only' content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
- Payment: Our store is PCI-DSS compliant (a very strict industry standard with requirements for the security of credit card information), but we want to use accredited companies to process your credit card information such as PayPal and Stripe
- Shipping: We work with Canada Post to fulfill your orders.
How can Users control their personal data?
How long do we keep User data?
Do we have any legal obligations when handling User data?
Do User needs to lodge a complaint?
How do we protect Users' information?
Users' personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When User places orders or accesses their personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information User supplies is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Do we use "cookies"?
User can choose to have their computer warn them each time a cookie is being sent, or can choose to turn off all cookies. They can do this through their browser (like Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If User turns cookies off, they won't have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, Users can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?We do not sell, lend, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties Users' personally identifiable information unless we provide them with advance notice, except as described below. The term "outside parties" does not include Premium Teas. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. These parties are Bigcommerce, Stripe, Zendesk, Zoho Mail, Mailchimp, GoDaddy. We may also release Users' information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties such as Facebook and Google Adwords for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Right to Examine Information
You as a User have the right to examine any of your Personal Information that we collect. Should you wish to examine the information, please send us a written request to email@example.com. We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable administrative fee to access your information.
Use of information for ad purposes
How can Users opt-out, remove or modify information they have provided to us?
To modify a User e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying the preferences in the "My Account" section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the "My Account" section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Alternatively, please contact us with your request to remove your account and we will delete it for you. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
Online Policy Only
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.
16 Newbridge Rd,
Etobicoke, ON M8Z 2L7